Dr. S. Sivaretnam
BAHons (EUSL), MPhil (Fine Arts) (EUSL), PGDip (Education) (OUSL), PhD (History) (MKU)
Senior Lecturer Gr. II
Department of Visual & Technological Arts
Phone: +94 65 222 5689
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Ph.D in History , Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, (2016)
- M.Phil in Fine Arts, Eastern University, Sri Lanka, (2006)
- B.A.Hons, (Second Class – Upper Division) in Fine Arts, Eastern University, Sri Lanka, (1996)
- Post graduate diploma in Education, Open University of Sri Lanka, (1999)
- History of Arts
- Drama & Theatre
- Art Criticism
- Socio Cultural History
- Coordinator for the Department of Visual &Technological Art at the Swamy Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Eastern University, Sri Lanka, with effect from 2016 to 2012 and 2016.
- Member of Curriculum Committee of Eastern University from 14.05.2009 to 30.11.2012.
- Part time Sub Warden at Men’s Hostel of Swamy Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Eastern University from 18.02.2011 to 2012.
- Member of Academic Syndicate of Swamy Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Eastern University with effect from 2016 and I had as a member from 2012 to 2013.
- Student councillor of Swamy Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Eastern University, 2016.
- Batticaloa through Rituals, Vipulam Publication, Batticaloa – 2008
- Modern Sri Lankan Tamil Painting: From S.R.Kanagasabai to Mark, Kumaran Book House, Colombo – 2011
- Samaththiyach Sadanku, (edit) Maruthi publication, Batticaloa – 2016
- ‘Introduction to fourth Makidi’, Padi – 5, Batticaloa- 1997
- ‘Politics of Elam and Kooththu’, Kalam – 9, Maruthamunai – 1997
- ‘Kaththavarajan Kooththu: Origin and Comparison’, Thenagam, Divisional Secretariat, Manmunai North, Batticaloa – 1999
- ‘Social Structure and Feudal System of Batticaloa : A view compare with South India’, Sahiththiya Viza, Sirappu Malar, Divisional Secretariat, Manmunai Pattu, Araiyampathi – 2000
- ‘Vathanamar in Batticaloa: History and Rituals’, Oral Traditions as Historical Sources, Maunaguru Sitralega (Edit), Department of Languages, Eastern University, Sri Lanka – 2004
- ‘ Oral Tales in Practice as Tradition of Social Democracy of Batticaloa’, Eluwan, Divisional Secretariat, Manmunai South Eruvil Pattu, Kaluwanchikudy – 2009
- ‘Drama of Elam and Culture’, Multi view at Culture, Department of Cultural affairs, Ministry of Education, Eastern Province, Trincomale – 2010
- ‘Sigiriya: Reveled of Ancient Art Personality, Niththilam, CSDI, Annual Magazine, Educational Zonal Office, Trincomale – 2010
- Submitted Research Paper entitled ‘Image of Vipulanandar in Batticaloa’ for Annual Research session conducted by Eastern University, Sri Lanka, December 2010.
- ‘Mark as a first war expressionist painter in Elam’ Gnanam-150th Issue ‘Special issue on Sri Lankan War Literature’,Gnanam Pathippakam, Colombo, November 2012
- Submitted Research Paper entitled ‘Primitive Painting as revealed through the Agrarian Society in Sri Lanka’ for South Indian History Congress 34th Annual Session from 28th to 1st & 2nd March – 2014
- Submitted Research Paper entitled ‘Role of Kudi which is mentioned Sangam Literature and Its Social Practice in Batticaloa, for “Tamil Literature and Literary Theories” (International Seminar), conducted by Tamil Research Scholars Association, School of Tamil Studies, Madurai Kamaraj University, 2014
- ‘Paintings in Agrarian Society: A research Based on Sri Lanka, Mozhithal, Batticaloa – 2014
- Submitted Research Paper entitled ‘Aesthetic of Sigiriya Paintings’ for Indian History Congress 75th Session from 28th December to 30th December – 2014
- Aesthetic of Sigiriya Paintings and its hidden history of Tamil, , Mozhithal, Batticaloa – 2015.
- Modernism in Sri Lanka and Trend of Painting, Mozhithal, Batticaloa – 2016.
- Theory of Dalit and situation of North and East in Sri Lanka, Nithal, Faculty of Arts and Culture, Eastern University, Sri Lanka. 2016
- Submitted Research Paper entitled Sakkarayamuthuch Sadanku, International Conference conduted by Swamy Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies, Eastern University, Sri Lanka, 2016
- Identity politics in Sri Lanka: Understanding of Historical Perception , Thamilar Thalam, 2018
- ‘Muslim Students at Eastern University: A Possible Solution’, Sarinigar – 35, December – 1993
- ‘The Location of Eastern University its Key of Development’ Sarinigar, January – 1995
- ‘Some notes on Drama ‘Mankaiyaraip Pirappathatke’ Sarinigar, June – 1995
- ‘What is Politics of Kooththu’ Sarinigar, April – 1996
- ‘A critique notes on ‘Kalaik Kolankal’, Vidivanam, January – 1997
- ‘History of Elam People and Dr.K.Kunarajah’, Sarinigar, June – 1997
- ‘Paintings of Elam: Search of its identity’, Sarinigar, March – 1999
- ‘Eastern University and Peace Arise’ Thinakkathir, 15.02.2001
- ‘A Reply to Response on Eastern University and Peace Arise’, Thinakkathir, 26& 27.02.2001
- ‘Kooththum Parathmum’ Verakesary,
- Does possible identical politics to benefits of Tamil Nadu: Reply to Kunasegaram
- Web Site: globaltamilnews.net Date:- 01.07.2013
- ‘Question and Knowledge’ Tamil Thanthi, 28.09.2014
- ‘Koththu is as Cutting frog for research’, Tamil Thanthi, 16& 23.11.2014
- Power and Powerful Discourse, Note based on Dr. S.Jeyashankar’s Article, Magudam, 2017
- ‘Introduction about Vellaveli’, Marutham, Divisional Secretariat, Porativu Pattu, 1998.
- ‘Vathanamar in Batticaloa: View its origin’, Thetottam, Kokkaddichcholai Maha Kumpabiseka Sirappu Malar – 1998.
- ‘Importance of Ritual Temples and Sanskrittation in Batticaloa Society’, Divisional Secretariat, Manmunai Pattu – 1998
- ‘Paraimelak Kooththu as Traditional Theatre form’ Thinakkural, 28 November 1999.
- ‘History and Tradition of Mukkuvar of Batticaloa’, Thinakkural, 25 June 2000.
- ‘A sharing of experience regarding drama creation of Prof.Maunaguru’ Mounam, S. Mounaguru’s ‘Mani Vizha’ Special Volume, Batticaloa – 2003
- ‘Services and Retirement of Prof.S.Maunaguru’, Verakesary, 15&22.11.2009.
- ‘Gobi Ramanan as a Expressionist painter in Batticaloa’ Magudam – 01, 2012.
- ‘Arul Sanjith as Cartoonist painter in Batticaloa’ Magudam – 02, 2012.
- ‘Sri Kamalachchandiran as Multidimensional painter in Batticaloa’, Magudam – 03, 2012
- ‘Theivanayagam sir at Knowledge Tradition of Kaluthavalai’, Karuvalthambi Theivanayagam Memorial records, Kaluthavalai – 2014.
- Water in Pullumalai Village: sharing experience, Thamilar Thalam, 2018
- ‘Puthiyathoru Veedu’ Drama: Reflect of Contemporary life, Ezhuvaan, Divisional Secretariat, Manmunai South and Eruvil Pattu, 2018.
- Residential Training Course on “General English for Public Servants” conducted by British Council from 23April to 18 May 2007.
- Residential Training Course on “Skills through English for Public Servants” conducted by British Council from 11 February to 07 March 2008.
- Residential Training Course on “English Pathways Course” conducted by Bell Cambridge, London from 26 May 2008 to 20 June 2008.
- Workshop on “Curriculum Development and Revision” Organized by Staff Development Centre, Eastern University, Sri Lanka, on 21&22.08.2009.
- Certificate course on ‘Teaching Methodology’ conducted by Staff Development Centre, Eastern University. Sri Lanka. Completion date: 23.06.2011.
- Residential Training Programme on “Developing Research Competencies” organized by HETC from 19th to 23rd December 2011.
- Certificate course in ‘Social Science Research Methodologies’ conducted by National Centre for Advanced Studies, from July 05.2013 to October 11.2013.
- Awarded for Modern Sri Lankan Tamil Painting: From S.R.Kanagasabai to Mark, which was best research in Eastern Province in 2011.
- Awarded Scholarship for Ph.D in History from (NCAS) , 2013 – 2016.