Ms. U. Thulasivanthana
Ms. U. Thulasivanthana
B.A Honours University of Jaffna
Language Learning Zone,
Swami Vipulananda Institute of Aesthetic Studies,
Eastern University, Sri Lanka
Telephone: +94 65222 5689 | E-mail: email@example.com
Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in English Literature, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka (2014)
- Applied Linguistics
- Diasporic Literature
- African Literature
- Member, Curriculum Revision Committee, Vavuniya Campus of the University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka. (Feb 2018-August 2018)
- Student Counselor for the Academic Year 2016/2017, SVIAS, Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
- Udhayashankar, Thulasivanthana. (2019). Decoding Learners’ Silence in English Language Class. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Studies, 5 (3). p 37-40. doi: https://multidisciplinaryjournal.globalacademicresearchinstitute.com/main/volume_05_issue_03
- Udhayashankar, Thulasivanthana. (2019). Reframing the meaning of perfect life: A critical study of Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni’s Meeting Mrinal and Sumathy Ruban’s Penkal Naan Kanikiren. Paper presented at the International Conference on Global Tamil Creations of Tamil Writers, Ayya Nadar Janaki Amman College, Sivakasi, India.
- Udhayashankar, Thulasivanthana. (2018). Podian – The Scapegoat’s Slaughter and Myriad of Meanings. Paper presented at the 8th International Symposium. South Eastern University of Sri Lanka.
- Mahendra, Thulasivanthana. (2015). Forced Homelessness and its Consequences in John Steinbeck’s Grapes of Wrath and Aaliyan’s Maranangal Malintha Boomi. Paper presented at the Peradeniya University International Research Sessions, University of Preradeniya, Sri Lanka.
- Mahendra, Thulasivanthana. (2015). Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart as a Torch Bearer: A Counter-Discursive Fictional Agenda which inaugurated A New Historical Epoch in Modern African Novelistic Tradition. Paper presented at the 2nd International Conference on Contemporary Management, University of Jaffna, Sri Lanka.
- Mahendra, Thulasivanthana. (2017). Clenched Souls, A Collection of Selected Trilingual Short Stories created from the Unbound Creative Writing Project, Compiled by British Council, Sarasavi Publishers.
- Bronze Medal for Choral Speaking in Sri Lanka Festival of Music, Dance & Speech(International Institute of Music, Speech & Drama)
- Late.Muthaiah Iyathurai Memorial Prize for the best performance in English Literature (J/Vembadi Girls’ High School)
- University Prize for the best performance in English Literature in the second examination in Arts (University of Jaffna)
- University Prize for the best performance in English Literature in the third examination in Arts (University of Jaffna)
- Vinasithamby Kanakasingam Prize for the best student in English Literature at the final special degree examination in Arts (University of Jaffna)